Beware

Protected by Copyscape Web Plagiarism Tool

Friday, November 25, 2011

Sculpture: An Art That Surprised Me

Since I was a child, I was exposed to different kinds of art.  My Dad is a profound painter and musician, and my Mom sings really well.  My eldest brother is good in drawing, and he used to paint and act for PETA. My second eldest brother is a tattoo artist.  Same goes with most of my uncles, aunts, and grandparents, all are into visual arts, music, and literature.  Arts have been a part of me growing up in a family of different talents.  But there is this art that I’m familiar with but haven’t actually witnessed one in the making. The art of sculpture.

Sculpture didn't actually capture my interest since I find it a bit boring (this is just  me speaking), I never really paid attention to this art.

When I visited Davao last October, I stayed with a family friend.  We visited his sister’s house and introduced me to his brother-in-law, Mr Harold Soriaga, later on.  At first look, he looks like a regular guy who is one of those who hunt to survive in the corporate jungle. You wouldn't expect him to be this profound artist.  Serious man! If you meet a confident, high-ranking, Mechanical Engineer, Chinese guy…what would you expect?  Or am I just stereotyping here?  

Going back to the story, I got stunned when my friend took me to Harold’s art underground base.  As I was going down the stairs, a really magnificent art welcomed me at the entrance.







It took me, like, fifteen minutes just staring in admiration! Now this sculptures got my attention big time! It is so great, in fact, Harold even studied the real body measurements and calculates it in ratio. Wow!

I checked out some of his other works as well.







He has this pencil art of Ate Jolla's face (wife of Harold) that is so amazing, and when I took a closer look, I was astonished to find out that the whole face drawing was composed of small sketches of Ate Jolla’s faces in different angles!  Harold is a talented man indeed.

I enjoyed exploring his lair.  Before stepping out of the room, I just couldn’t stop thinking how exciting it would be to see his exhibit.  All those sculptures…man!

Art is really a blessing from God; it is a manifestation of his great power.  If you look around you, everything is art.  We, the world, and the whole universe are works of art. 

Look at women! They are the magnum opus sculpture of our Lord. I so love women, I got one. A real masterpiece. My Mom.

5 comments:

  1. what the.. wow... naglaway ko dah.. ayus.. hhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. @axl:
    they're not toys, they're sculptures hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when you get the chance to come back to davao visit Ponce Suites. its a hotel owned by an artist where every floor has different art themes

      Delete

Infolinks In Text Ads

Blog Widget by LinkWithin